Friday 10 September 2010

On Route to Brighton Reading

  1. 35mm Image will never look like 4x5.  Look at what camera digitally will produce this, need to understand this more!!!
  2. Google images for reference to how techniques work
  3. Begin collecting objects of interest to photograph (manageable in size) shape, texture,colour
  4. Use notebook for places of atmospheric and settings value, think about change of season for foliage and different angle of the sun
Standards
Like the model that is shown in the magazine, the photograph of that model must be viewed with the same light.  It is mostly down to money spent on props, retouching and exciting destinations that make it look so perfect. Look past this and look at the content in it’s raw form, beyond the accreditation of the magazine publication.  Study the photograph and see how it was taken and what it is saying against what the actual purpose of the shot is.
Start to collect images that really appeal, use them for future projects.
  1. Composition
  2. Choice of subject
  3. Light
  4. Use of colour
I do find photography rewarding and fun.  I look at other photographs as a source of information only.  I can sometimes become distracted by other peoples photos if they have achieved something I have not seen before from an amateur.  This is becoming lese apparent as I learn more.

Equipment and image.
Equipment must be viewed as for the purpose not as a tool that merely improves the image.  Key to the good photograph is the viewfinder, the eye and my own brain processing of the image I see.

The thought that comes into my head here is foundation and ground work .  The fundamental part of any process but something I don’t do too much of when in an area or event I am unfamiliar with.

Take camera off automatic focus all the time!  Understand focal length better see Project 1.  The ability to change lens that make SLR’s sol useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive