Sunday 17 October 2010

Project Cropping and Extending

Extending

I want to show a comparison here as my new camera has a panoramic facility on it.  So I would like to do the same scene with both stitching and load up what the camera actually takes.

21/11/2010

OK I have finally been out and completed this exercise today and it has proved very interesting. 

This first shot has been done using the panoramic facility on my new camera.  Now this is the first time I have used this function and it is very cold today. 


I am not sure if I can change the dimensions on the panoramic setting but this is disappointing to say the least.  The hills have been chopped away along with the top of the church tower.  However as I say this is the first time I have used this facility and I will not be too hard until I have experimented further.  For the purpose of the project it did its job.

The second part of the exercise for me was to take three separate photographs and then stitch them together.


Above are the three photographs that I used to make my panoramic below.  The process was relatively simple and the process extremely easy with Photo shop CS5.

The end result is far better than the one produced on my camera.  I have cropped the edges to trim and fine tune but all in all the process worked well.


Conclusion

The exercise has been particularly interesting for what can be achieved when you look at the bigger picture. 

The process still made me take my time but it also gave me such a large scope for the composition. 

This is the village in which I live.  Quintessencely English and very beautiful.  It's quite a small hamlet will lots of greenery and a lovely church.  The Malvern hills in the background have been captured and I think it achieves the aim of a nice post card picture shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive