Saturday 5 March 2011

Street Photography (My area of expertise?)

5 March 2011


I have always enjoyed this aspect of photography.  I think Andrea has agreed that I should focus on this area and has sent me some links.


I have not had chance to look but will do so over the next few days and make some comments and give feedback.


Have a look at the u-tube link as sent and which I can't put on at the moment as on laptop but here are some of his images....


http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP=XSpecific_MAG.PhotographerDetail_VPage&l1=0&pid=2K7O3R1482X4&nm=Bruce%20Gilden


Oh very in your face indeed.  Fascinating though.




6 March 2011


Here is the video now as I am back on PC 


Robert Frank




lee Friedlander


I have not had much luck finding some information on this guy in the past but will try better to acquire some.


John Gay


I have found some great John Gay images from a book I borrowed from the library. 





  • Paperback: 256 pages
  • Publisher: English Heritage (20 Nov 2008)
  • Language English
  • ISBN-10: 1848020031
  • ISBN-13: 978-1848020030



I tried to order from Amazon in the past with little success, but as they have it at the library I will continue down that route and do some more in depth research and feedback.




I think these images from Vivian Maier are exquisite.  Taken obviously of people who caught her eye.  I love the innocence of the pieces.  Here is the link but I have it on my profile also



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive